Welcome to AVID!
AVID stands for Achievement Via Individual Determination. AVID is a class which prepares students for four year college eligibility. AVID students are enrolled in advanced courses and attend an academic elective class called AVID. AVID serves over 250,000 students across the nation helping to achieve their goals.
Lehigh Acres Middle School is both the first AVID certified and the longest AVID certified middle school in Lee County. It is the only AVID National Demo Middle School in South Florida.
Special accomplishments of our AVID program:
- We are in our 8th year of the AVID program.
- We have had our AVID 8th grade students take the PSAT for the last five years.
- We had 100 students take the PSAT last year.
- We were the first AVID certified middle school in Lee County.
- We are the longest certified AVID middle school in the East Zone.
- We have 17 sections of AVID.
- We have over 300 students in AVID.
- We have had many AVID students recognized by the Duke TIP Program.
- We had three students represent our school and speak to the school board regarding AVID.
AVID is a voluntary elective. Students interested in enrolling in AVID must:
- Fill out the application
- Return the completed application before the current deadline to the Lehigh Acres Middle School Guidance Department's assigned AVID box.
- Go through an interview
AVID’s enrollment is limited. Historically there is a waiting list for enrollment, so be sure to sign up your student today.
Mrs. Debbie Prashad
- AVID 7th Grade
- AVID Site Coordinator
Ms. Patty Golden
- AVID 6th Grade
Ms. Monica Walker
- AVID 8th Grade